Section 944 - Effect of Confirmation
Title 11 of the United States Code - Bankruptcy
ADJUSTMENT OF DEBTS OF A MUNICIPALITY – CHAPTER 7
Effect of Confirmation - Section 944
11 USCS § 944
The Bankruptcy Code can look big and scary when you are at the library and pull it off the shelf (with a thud). At Sagaria Law, we wanted to provide the Code on our website to all of our visitors, bankruptcy clients and colleagues alike. Please feel free to click through the various sections of the bankruptcy code, as we have provided it here – all of it – for your convenience.
(a) The provisions of a confirmed plan bind the debtor and any creditor, whether or not--
(1) a proof of such creditor's claim is filed or deemed filed under section 501 of this title [11 USCS § 501];
(2) such claim is allowed under section 502 of this title [11 USCS § 502]; or
(3) such creditor has accepted the plan.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, the debtor is discharged from all debts as of the time when--
(1) the plan is confirmed;
(2) the debtor deposits any consideration to be distributed under the plan with a disbursing agent appointed by the court; and
(3) the court has determined--
(A) that any security so deposited will constitute, after distribution, a valid legal obligation of the debtor; and
(B) that any provision made to pay or secure payment of such obligation is valid.
(c) The debtor is not discharged under subsection (b) of this section from any debt--
(1) excepted from discharge by the plan or order confirming the plan; or
(2) owed to an entity that, before confirmation of the plan, had neither notice nor actual knowledge of the case.
Our conveniently located bankruptcy law firm in Sacramento is one of our premiere bankruptcy locations, serving the greater Sacramento area including Roseville, Fairoaks, Cordova, Citrus Heights and all of Sacramento County and surrounding areas. Call us today for consultation.