Section 902 - Definitions for This Chapter
Title 11 of the United States Code - Bankruptcy
ADJUSTMENT OF DEBTS OF A MUNICIPALITY – CHAPTER 7
Definitions for This Chapter - Section 902
11 USCS § 902
In this chapter [11 USCS §§ 901 et seq.]--
(1) "property of the estate", when used in a section that is made applicable in a case under this chapter [11 USCS §§ 901 et seq.] by section 103(e) or 901 of this title [11 USCS § 103(e) or 901], means property of the debtor;
(2) "special revenues" means--
(A) receipts derived from the ownership, operation, or disposition of projects or systems of the debtor that are primarily used or intended to be used primarily to provide transportation, utility, or other services, including the proceeds of borrowings to finance the projects or systems;
(B) special excise taxes imposed on particular activities or transactions;
(C) incremental tax receipts from the benefited area in the case of tax-increment financing;
(D) other revenues or receipts derived from particular functions of the debtor, whether or not the debtor has other functions; or
(E) taxes specifically levied to finance one or more projects or systems, excluding receipts from general property, sales, or income taxes (other than tax-increment financing) levied to finance the general purposes of the debtor;
(3) "special tax payer" means record owner or holder of legal or equitable title to real property against which a special assessment or special tax has been levied the proceeds of which are the sole source of payment of an obligation issued by the debtor to defray the cost of an improvement relating to such real property;
(4) "special tax payer affected by the plan" means special tax payer with respect to whose real property the plan proposes to increase the proportion of special assessments or special taxes referred to in paragraph (2) of this section assessed against such real property; and
(5) "trustee", when used in a section that is made applicable in a case under this chapter by section 103(e) or 901 of this title [11 USCS § 103(e) or 901], means debtor, except as provided in section 926 of this title [11 USCS § 926].
Title 11, the United States Bankruptcy Code, is a valuable resource for anyone in search of bankruptcy information, clarity on its various sections and descriptions of chapters of bankruptcy. Sagaria Law has uploaded the US bankruptcy code on our website to make it accessible to our bankruptcy clients and bankruptcy website visitors. We hope that you will take advantage of its easy layout and the fact that you cannot find it many places on the web other than here and a few government or University websites.
At our Roseville bankruptcy firm, we serve the greater Placer County community with any and all bankruptcy services and assistance. Our Roseville bankruptcy attorneys remain available to you throughout every step of your bankruptcy. Experience the Sagaria Law difference by visiting our Roseville office, or any of our 10 bankruptcy office locations throughout California and Oregon. We look forward to serving you!