Section 304 - Cases Ancillary to Foreign Proceedings
Cases Ancillary to Foreign Proceedings - Section 30411 USCS § 304
(a) A case ancillary to a foreign proceeding is commenced by the filing with the bankruptcy court of a petition under this section by a foreign representative.
(b) Subject to the provisions of subsection
(c) of this section, if a party in interest does not timely controvert the petition, or after trial, the court may -
(1) enjoin the commencement or continuation of - (A) any action against - (i) a debtor with respect to property involved in such foreign proceeding; or (ii) such property; or (B) the enforcement of any judgment against the debtor with respect to such property, or any act or the commencement or continuation of any judicial proceeding to create or enforce a lien against the property of such estate;
(2) order turnover of the property of such estate, or the proceeds of such property, to such foreign representative; or
(3) order other appropriate relief.
(c) In determining whether to grant relief under subsection (b) of this section, the court shall be guided by what will best assure an economical and expeditious administration of such estate, consistent with -
(1) just treatment of all holders of claims against or interests in such estate;
(2) protection of claim holders in the United States against prejudice and inconvenience in the processing of claims in such foreign proceeding;
(3) prevention of preferential or fraudulent dispositions of property of such estate;
(4) distribution of proceeds of such estate substantially in accordance with the order prescribed by this title;
(5) comity; and
(6) if appropriate, the provision of an opportunity for a fresh start for the individual that such foreign proceeding concerns.
Sagaria Law is proud to announce the internet publishing of the United States Bankruptcy Code to this site. Title 11, as it is also known, has been provided here on our bankruptcy website for your convenience. We encourage all of our bankruptcy clients and website visitors to take advantage of being able to view it here, as no other bankruptcy sites offer this opportunity.
Our bankruptcy law firm in San Mateo deals with all types of bankruptcy questions, filings and issues. If at any time you would like to speak to our informed bankruptcy specialists or set up a consultation with one of our experienced bankruptcy attorneys in San Mateo, please contact us! We are here to serve you, San Mateo County!