Section 1502: Definitions
Definitions –Section 150211 USCS § 1502
For the purposes of this chapter [11 USCS §§ 1501 et seq.], the term--
(1) "debtor" means an entity that is the subject of a foreign proceeding;
(2) "establishment" means any place of operations where the debtor carries out a nontransitory economic activity;
(3) "foreign court" means a judicial or other authority competent to control or supervise a foreign proceeding;
(4) "foreign main proceeding" means a foreign proceeding pending in the country where the debtor has the center of its main interests;
(5) "foreign nonmain proceeding" means a foreign proceeding, other than a foreign main proceeding, pending in a country where the debtor has an establishment;
(6) "trustee" includes a trustee, a debtor in possession in a case under any chapter of this title, or a debtor under chapter 9 of this title [11 USCS §§ 901 et seq.];
(7) "recognition" means the entry of an order granting recognition of a foreign main proceeding or foreign nonmain proceeding under this chapter [11 USCS §§ 1501 et seq.]; and
(8) "within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States", when used with reference to property of a debtor, refers to tangible property located within the territory of the United States and intangible property deemed under applicable nonbankruptcy law to be located within that territory, including any property subject to attachment or garnishment that may properly be seized or garnished by an action in a Federal or State court in the United States.
Why page through the US Bankruptcy Code when you can click it? That’s right; Sagaria Law has the complete, unedited version of the code here for the convenience of anyone interested in reviewing it as a bankruptcy resource. It’s the real thing! The only thing we did was make it easier to “page” through by separating it into sections on our website that you can click through at your own pace.
San Francisco, Roseville, Sacramento and surrounding areas of Northern California, Sagaria Law is here for you…literally! We have bankruptcy offices in each of these cities, and more, to serve bankruptcy clients near and far. We can’t wait to meet you!