LBR 9071-1. STIPULATION
LBR 9071-1. STIPULATION(a) General.
(1) Oral Stipulation. An oral stipulation will be enforceable by the court if made and
approved in open court.
(2) Written Stipulation. A written stipulation entered into pursuant to these rules must
be filed with the court, but will not be effective until a separate order thereon is
(3) Order on Stipulation. An order on a stipulation must be prepared and lodged in
accordance with LBR 9021-1(b)(2).
(b) Stipulation Requiring Notice under FRBP 4001(d) or 9019.
(1) Unless otherwise ordered by the court, the notice requirement of FRBP 4001(d) or FRBP 9019 may be satisfied by either serving the motion on each of the entities
specified in the applicable rule when it is filed or by serving on such entities a motion for approval of the proposed settlement stipulation pursuant to LBR 9013-1(o).
(2) A stipulation requiring notice under either FRBP 4001(d) or FRBP 9019 requires
approval by the court.