LBR 9036-1. NOTICE AND SERVICE BY ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION
LBR 9036-1. NOTICE AND SERVICE BY ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION(a) Service By Electronic Means.
(1) Upon the addition of any document or item to a CM/ECF docket, whether
electronically or non-electronically, an NEF is automatically generated by CM/ECF
and sent electronically to all persons or entities that are CM/ECF Users and have
consented to electronic service. Regardless of whether it is the duty of the court or
of another person or entity to provide notice or service, service of the NEF
constitutes notice and service pursuant to the F.R.Civ.P., FRBP, and these rules for
all persons and entities that have consented to electronic service.
(2) A person or entity that is entitled to service of a document, but is not a CM/ECF
User or is a CM/ECF User who has not consented to electronic service, must be
served as otherwise provided by the F.R.Civ.P., FRBP, and these rules.
(b) Exceptions. Electronic transmission of an NEF does not constitute service or notice of the following documents that must be served non-electronically:
(1) Service of a summons and complaint under FRBP 7004;
(2) Service of a subpoena under FRBP 9016;
(3) Service of a summons and petition under FRBP 1010;
(4) Service upon the United States trustee of papers listed as exceptions under LBR
(5) Where conventional service is otherwise required under the F.R.Civ.P., FRBP,
LBRs, or by court order.