LBR 9027-1. REMOVAL AND REMAND
LBR 9027-1. REMOVAL AND REMAND(a) Notice of Removal. A notice of removal must be filed with the clerk of the bankruptcy court.
(b) Status Conference.
(1) Upon the filing of a notice of removal pursuant to FRBP 9027, the clerk will issue
a notice of status conference before the judge to whom the case or proceeding has
(2) The status conference will be set not later than 45 days after the date that the notice of status conference is mailed, unless otherwise ordered by the court.
(3) Within 7 days of receipt, the removing party must serve the notice of status
conference on all other parties to the removed action, including any trustee
appointed in the case.
(c) Remand. A motion for remand must be filed with the clerk of the bankruptcy court not later than 30 days after the date of filing of the notice of removal.
(d) Filing of Pleadings.
(1) Unless otherwise ordered by the court, the party filing the notice of removal must
file with the clerk, in chronological order, copies of all process, papers, minute
entries, orders, and other documents filed in the litigation prior to removal, together
with a copy of the docket of the removed action from the court where the removed
litigation was pending.
(2) All such documents must be filed not later than:
(A) 30 days after the date of filing of the notice of removal; or
(B) if a motion to remand is filed prior to expiration of such 30-day period, 14 days after entry of an order denying such motion to remand.
(e) Demand for Jury Trial. Within 14 days after service of the notice of removal, a party must comply with LBR 9015-2 to preserve any right to a trial by jury.