LBR 1017-1. CONVERSION
LBR 1017-1. CONVERSION(a) Conversion Upon Debtor’s Request.
(1) A debtor’s notice of conversion under 11 U.S.C. §§ 1208(a) or 1307(a) must be
filed and served on the standing trustee and United States trustee. No hearing is
required for conversion.
(2) A debtor must request conversion under 11 U.S.C. § 1112(a) by motion filed and
served as required by FRBP 9013, but the motion does not require a hearing.
(3) A debtor must request conversion under 11 U.S.C. § 706(a) to a case under chapter 11, 12 or 13 by motion which, unless otherwise ordered by the court, may be
granted only after notice of opportunity to request a hearing to the trustee, attorney
for the trustee (if any), United States trustee, and parties in interest, as provided in
(4) If the case is converted, the clerk will give notice of the order converting the case
to another chapter to all creditors and interested parties and to the United States
(b) Additional Fees Upon Conversion of a Case.
(1) A notice of conversion or motion for conversion, as the case may be, of a case
must be accompanied by payment of the filing fee, if any, required for conversion
of the case to the chapter for which conversion is sought.
(2) If a conversion to chapter 11 is denied, the filing fee paid when the motion was
filed will be refunded to the payor upon written request to the Fiscal Department
of the clerk’s office. A conformed copy of the order denying the conversion to
chapter 11 must be attached to the request for refund.
(3) If a conversion to chapter 7 is denied, the filing fee paid when the motion was filed
will not be refunded.