LBR 1015-2. RELATED CASES
LBR 1015-2. RELATED CASES(a) Definition of Related Cases. For purposes of this rule, cases are deemed “related cases” if the earlier bankruptcy case was filed or pending at any time before the filing of the new petition, and the debtors in such cases:
(1) Are the same;
(2) Are spouses, former spouses, domestic partners, or former domestic partners;
(3) Are “affiliates,” as defined in 11 U.S.C. § 101(2), except that 11 U.S.C.
§ 101(2)(B) shall not apply;
(4) Are general partners in the same partnership;
(5) Are a partnership and one or more of its general partners;
(6) Are partnerships that share one or more common general partners; or
(7) Have, or within 180 days of the commencement of either of the related cases had,
an interest in property that was or is included in the property of another estate under 11 U.S.C. § 541(a), § 1115, § 1207, and/or § 1306.
(b) Disclosure of Related Cases.
(1) A petition commencing a case must be accompanied by court-mandated form
F 1015-2.1, Statement of Related Cases.
(2) The petitioner must execute court-mandated form F 1015-2.1 under penalty of
perjury disclosing, to the petitioner’s best knowledge, information and belief,
whether a related case was filed or has been pending at any time and if so, for each
such related case:
(A) The name of the debtor in the related case;
(B) The case number of the related case;
(C) The district and division in which the related case is or was pending;
(D) The judge to whom the related case was assigned;
(E) The current status of the related case;
(F) The manner in which the cases are related; and
(G) The real property, if any, listed in the Schedule A that was filed in the related case.
(3) The failure to provide complete and accurate information in court-mandated form
F 1015-2.1 may subject the petitioner and its attorney to appropriate sanctions,
including the appointment of a trustee or dismissal of the case with prejudice.